You’re Shipwrecked. Watch. Listen. Trust no one. Survive.
In small groups the audience will convene in a secret location and discover the scenes and characters of The Tempest in the last places you’d expect to find them, bringing back the hugely popular format of our sell-out summer 2016 & 2017 productions of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Could Ariel be bobbing by on that boat, is Prospero serving us in this coffee shop? This immersive and interactive way of storytelling brings classic texts to life in true Creation style.
Some feedback on the show so far:
“A real rabbit warren of ingenuity, creativity and lateral thinking, wrapped up in a massive Shakespearean hug… in terms of inventive theatre, Creation cannot be beaten.” Katherine MacAlister, oxinabox.
“Prospero’s Mediterranean island has never been so much fun.” Esther Lafferty, oxmag.
“Part escape room, part scavenger hunt, part promenade, part urban exploration, where audience, extras and crew twitch between surveillance dystopias, coffee shop dramas and royal intrigues, alliances shifting and sympathies twisting.” Daily Info.
Seating & Prices
The Tempest is a promenade performance. This means you’ll move around different locations throughout the performance. The route is approximately 2km.
Tickets are £25
Concessions £2 off
Child tickets to matinees £18
20% off for Creation extras
Be Prepared for #MaximumCraic
The Tempest is an interactive adventure. It’s tricky to prepare for the unexpected! Without giving away too much, here are Creation Theatre’s top tips for #maximumcraic on the day:
- You’ll be walking approx 2km in total during the performance – comfy footwear important.
- The show happens in the real world with real hazards that we can’t control, so keep your wits about you.
- You’ll be exploring multiple locations on Prospero’s ‘Osney Mead’ Island, perhaps venturing into a meadow – you may prefer to cover your legs
- You’ll be solving puzzles and exploring industrial buildings – so in and out. Check the weather forecast – do you need a raincoat?
- One section of the experience involves steps and uneven surfaces, if this causes access issues for you please make us aware as we have an alternative version.
19 July – 15 August
Performances Monday – Saturday
Until 31 July 7:30pm
1 August – 7 August 7:15pm
8 August – 15 August 7:00pm
Matinee performances on 3 and 10 August at 2pm.
Adult £25 | Concession and Under 18 £23 | Child £18 (matinee only).
Suitable for ages 7+.
Running time approx 2 1/2 hours including interval.
Post Show Talk
Thursday 1 August (Free post show talk for the audience on the night)
Game, Theatre and the Future for the Experience Culture
Led by Lucy Askew, Chief Executive & Creative Producer, Creation Theatre
Panelists: James Valls (Senior Producer, Rebellion), Steve Bristow (Lead Designer, Battlezone, Rebellion) Ginny Graham (Producer, Wise Children).
The talk will take place after The Tempest, interactive adventure. The performance starts at 7:15pm and the post show talk will be held after the final scene at approx 10pm, in the same location as the final scene.