1-2 days per week, unpaid
We’re looking for someone keen to learn about Arts Fundraising. You’ll support our Chief Executive in researching, writing and submitting funding applications. As recent recipients of Catalyst funding you’ll benefit from and be able to contribute to the development of our individual giving programme too.
We can be really flexible about time commitment and where you’re based. Perhaps you’re a student looking to get to know how it all works, or perhaps you’re more experienced and looking to give something back?
This is a voluntary position, but if there are financial barriers to you considering this position please still get in touch and we’ll do anything we can. If you’re interested please drop Lucy a line at email@example.com
If we had loads of time and resources all this would go in an email or letter to everyone who gets in touch about casting, as it is this somewhat poor excuse for a standard response will have to do. Sorry. And we really appreciate your interest in Creation.
Generally we cast actors who have been in Creation shows or who we’ve seen in other shows. There are a couple of things you can do if you’d like to be in a future Creation cast:
- Invite us to see you in things: If you’re near Oxford and you’re performing in a show send us over an invite and Lucy will pop along and see what you can do if she possibly can.
- Get your agent to get in touch: We’ll issue breakdowns when we’re booking in casting to agents that are known to us.
There are also a couple of things that won’t help and we really don’t want you to spend time on them:
- Please don’t send us an email: We cast two or three times and year and it’s very unlikely you’ll land in the right person’s inbox at the right time.
- Please don’t post us a headshot and CV: We’re very tight on space and haven’t yet thought up a filing system that would make the hundreds of headshots we receive every year accessible when we needed them.
Work Experience & Volunteers
We are always looking for volunteer Front of House stewards.
As part of the team you can:
- Meet new people who love theatre as much as you
- Enhance your CV with professional experience
- Be a part of our team and help to make Creation shows happen
- Gain a greater understanding of the theatre industry
- Be part of the magic!
- Be given full training for the role
- See the show and have fun!
If you’re interested in getting involved email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add you to our list of lovely ushers. We’ll then email you a calendar of our next performance when we start filling our ushering spots. We look forward to meeting you!
Due to the size of our team and office, we rarely take Work Experience students.
Everything that goes in to promoting a Creation show, from updating the website to booking a ticket happens right here in the Creation office, making it the perfect place to get involved in the whole process.
We’re currently looking for interns to take on marketing projects at Creation. Drop us a line on email@example.com and we’ll invite you in for a chat and talk through some of the projects we’ve got on offer.
We know that time is precious so as long as you can make a commitment we won’t stipulate how long or how often you come to Creation. If you’ve got any questions just call 01865 761393 and talk to Charlie or Maddy.
Every week of the summer holidays Creation runs workshops for children aged 6-16. We work with up to 16 children to turn a classic story into a performance for friends and family. If that sounds like fun to you, you sound like our sort of person!
We’re currently taking applications for our summer internship programme. You’ll need to get stuck in with a summer full of workshops, and in exchange we’ll give you first aid training, a DBS check and mentoring from our team of qualified workshop leaders. Our workshops run every week from 16 July – 24 August (there’ll be a day or two’s training at the start of July).
We’re are happy to consider interns for anything from two weeks, to the full six weeks – our interns often go on to work for Creation as freelance leaders so if you are local to Oxford that’s even better.
If you’d like to apply, please email the Education team with your CV and why you’d like to get involved.